Welcome to TECfit Health and Exercise.
This page outline what you can expect from your first session, our commitment to you and will hopefully, answer any questions you may have.
"Where do I go?"
You should head to Prestwick village, next to Newcastle Airport. Our full details can be found on the Contact Us page.
"How long are the sessions?"
Your first session can be up to 1 hour long, depending on medical history and any questions you might have that are not answered here.
"What happens during my first session?"
Your first session is a meet and greet session, where we get some basic health testing done, fill out your PAR-Q and set about making some goals.
"What health tests will you carry out?"
Depending on what you are looking to achieve in your time with us, normal test include non-invasive body composition testing, using Tanita Scales; these enable us to track your overall weight, body fat %, muscle mass development and other important internal factors. We are also qualified, equipped and experienced in taking blood pressure, lung function and mobility statistics which enable us to ensure your development is a safe, enjoyable progression.
"Do I need to do anything before my first session?"
All we ask you to do is follow the advice from Tanita to ensure your body composition results are as accurate as possible.
These are the optimal conditions for determining body fat percentage using Tanita's products:
Once you have established your baseline, monitor body fat about twice a month. Checking body fat more frequently is not beneficial as changes occur slowly over time.
Things that can affect hydration include:
1. Your trainer will design a personalised program that meets the client's needs and goals that is safe, effective and conductive.
2. Each session will last at least 45 minutes, but will not exceed 1 hour.
3. Your trainer will provide guidance regarding proper exercise techniques.
4. Your trainer will maintain a record of client progress and provide necessary feedback.
5. Your trainer will evaluate and modify the personalised program as necessary according to the client's progress, needs, and goals.
6. If your trainer is late for a session, that time is owed to the client.
7. Trainer must notify the client 6 hours prior to session, if they must cancel; at which time the session will be rescheduled.
8. All information regarding the client's program and progress is confidential and will remain on file, secured on a password protected device.
1. Payment must be received either monthly on the 1st or 15th of the month, or at the start of the session.
2. Client is expected to discuss all health history information and any medical concerns with the trainer.
3. All appointments must begin on time and end 45-60 minutes after the scheduled starting time. Any time lost due to client tardiness is considered part of the appointment and is non-refundable. The trainer is expected to wait 15 minutes for a client at which time the session is forfeited.
4. Client must give 24 hour notice for session cancellation. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of one session. This allows TECfit Health and Exercise to rearrange other clients and/or fill your vacated spot without any financial implications.
5. Client will communicate any discomforts, pain or concerns experienced during or arising from a session.
6. Sessions must be used within 6 months of purchase, unless other arrangements have been made with the trainer.
7. If client, for any reason, does not fulfil all of their sessions in the packet, no refund will be given.
8. Client acknowledges that he/she is in good health and physically able to participate in a personalised program. The client acknowledges and agrees that he/she has no limiting health conditions that would preclude participation in an exercise program, and will immediately inform the trainer if such health condition arises during the client's participation in the personalised program.